Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let them eat dirt!

Imagine my surprise when I walked out into the backyard where my husband was grilling dinner and my children were playing to find both Sean and Isabel up to their ears in dirt!  They had finally discovered the remnants of last years vegetable garden.


My initial reaction was, "OH MY GOD, did you not see that they were in the garden?"  To which my husband responded, "What, they're having fun".


As soon as the initial shock wore off, I realized that I needed to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment.  Oh and of course, grab the camera!  After all, who could be mad when your children are having this much fun.

This moment was also an inspiration for me to get started on preparing for this spring's vegetable garden.  We will be relocating our garden outside the backyard fence to avoid digging from the dogs.  If you hadn't noticed there are many deep holes thanks to our lab mix Isis.









 At least now I know both Isabel and Sean will be happy to help me prepare the earth for our new vegetable garden.  Stay tuned for our progress in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment